Healthy and Yummy Breakfast Smoothie

Saturday, April 12, 2014

I am not a medical doctor. I am in no way suggesting this tonic will relieve any diseases or help in any way medically.
I love this quick, healthy and yummy breakfast smoothie. My kids like it too! 


I know, I know! You were excited about WINE being in the smoothie. Wine would be a healthy ingredient to add. Wine is packed full of heart-healthy antioxidants and reservatrol according to The Mayo Clinic. I serve the smoothie in a wine glass because it's extra pretty and inviting to drink!

Click for the printable recipe:

2 Heaping TBSPs Rice Protein Powder (burns fat)
1 TBSP Borage Oil (an inflammation reducing fatty acid)
2 scoops Nature's Sunshine Ultimate Greenzone (provides 1/2 your greens for the day)
1/2 cup frozen sweet dark red cherries (antioxidant)
1/4 cup frozen blueberries (antioxidant)
1 medium ripe frozen banana (potassium)
2 TBSPs honey (local honey fights seasonal allergies)
1 cup ice cubes
1 cup filtered water
Blend 1to 2 minutes or until smooth. Serve immediately in a pretty wine glass. Makes 4 wine glasses.

FYI I created this smoothie as a result of taking Nature's Sunshine Ultimate Greenzone. I just can't seem to eat as many veggies as I should per day. Tammy's Healthy Tonic is a delicious way to make sure you're eating your veggies, burning some fat and reducing your arthritis pain.


Bottoms up,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments