Recipe Review: Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Why do you want to make a recipe when you see a picture of it?
I don't even like Chicken & Dumplings
my husband does
this recipe looked easy so I tried butchered it, please...read on
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 Tbsp. Butter...
 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) pkgs, refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
  Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is cooked through.
It started off well
although I change every recipe
why do I do that?
 I used chicken tenderloins instead of breast halves
would this make a difference?
chicken is chicken, right?
Took some time
to remove these

then this...still going good

added some of these
the recipe didn't call for

cook 5-6 hours on high
WHAT?
the answer to your question is
yes, I did read this before attempting the recipe
however,
not a patient person
so....

here's where I did something
"un-cooking-ethical"
brought out the Mad Max (that's my pet name for him)


I emptied the crockpot contents
into my big frying pan
then went to grinding that chicken
cause I didn't have the patience
to wait for it cook up and fall into lovely little pieces

I'm still not sure how the lady that wrote this recipe
tore her biscuit dough into those long flat pieces
mine look like meatballs


 Our Chicken & Meatball Soup was tasty!
Would I make this again?
prolly not!


 Not one for the recipe archives,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

 p.s. I'm sure this would have been just like the picture
if I had followed the directions.
they give them to you for a reason...

Comments